Additionally, I serve others through one-to-one or small group level instruction in diverse fields. Furthermore, I hold a diversity of skills that exceed my primary area of formal academic education in the field of psychology.
My roles begin with being a Disciple of Yeshua (Jesus). Secondly, I am a person of immediate family and close friends. Thirdly, I am a childhood cancer survivor. Fourthly, I am a servant to people (assist them with physical, cognitive and behavioral, and spiritual needs). Fifthly, I fulfill the roles of handyman (household and auto), musician (acoustic guitar and ram's horn ... retired trumpet player), painter (acrylics), and a writer (letters, Internet postings, short-studies on spiritual passages or topics). Finally, I fulfill the role of a counselor (counsel people through a faith-based orientation as the Holy Spirit leads me to do so).
I am actively searching for another part-time or full-time job position within the area of my experience and/ or education. I have become a person of many skills and abilities, yet I need a place of employment in which to both exercise and further develop them. I have a preference for a job that presents a balance of independent-work, collaborative-work and customer engagement.
For the time being, I perceive that I have done many of the things for which I held a desire in my heart to do within my lifetime. Although I do embrace some aspirations for my future, I do not claim probable remorse if they do not come to pass.
Among those aspirations are a desire of working with small groups, one-to-one counsel, and spiritual-grounded fellowship.
Another aspiration is for directing a small tetra-business. It would incorporate a small coffee-tea lounge, bookshop, center for Biblical counseling, and a small conference room. The tetra would be merged as one by means of a large foyer. The business would not be to make a comfort nook for people of faith. However, it would serve as a base for people who work in personal ministry, small groups, starting out as a musician or speaker of Yeshua, or a start-up ministry. Only Yeshua would truly determine its true purpose.
I strongly perceive that unless it is both authorized and granted by Yeshua, creating and establishing such a place would lead to failure. Hence, I have been waiting upon Yeshua before taking any action on this aspiration.
I am not perfect, but I do strive for perfection through daily refinement by Yeshua. Without Him, I would be physically, psychologically, and spiritually dead. Throughout the years, I have had differences with Yeshua and even wrestled with Him at the spiritual level. In the end, Yeshua won over my heart and I surrendered my life to Him. My life has never been the same. Although it has been a challenge to live this new life, one thing has remained true and constant throughout the perils of time; Yeshua has always remained with me. I am grateful to Him.
Books and Sales
- Self-driven and organized individual
- Proficient communicator in verbal and written form (bilingual in English and Spanish; Dominant in English)
- Confident as a presenter for both small and large groups
- Confident in communicating with young and middle adults
- Instructional experience in secondary and under-graduate education
- Confident organizer with physical and electronic files
- Proficient with Windows Ten; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird;
- Skilled with computers, printers/ scanners, photocopiers, and audio-visual apparatuses
Books and Sales
- Sales Associate / Assistant (for faith-based bookshop)
- Periodicals Clerk (for a college library)
- Acquisitions Shipping Shelver (for a university library)
- Cataloger (for a university library)
- Ticket Sales Clerk and Usher (for a college Performance Arts Department)
- Adjunct Faculty Instructor of Psychology (for a college and university)
- Substitute Teacher (for high schools)
- Service Provider (for a community mental health center)
- Counselor Undergraduate-Level (for practicum course)
- Counselor Graduate-Level (for practicum and internship courses: also served as a coordinator)
Personal Ministry Work
- Writing personal letters , faith-based studies, and publishing on website
- Reading and sharing findings from faith-based literature (e.g. books and articles)
- Teaching basic discipleship and Biblical counseling on a one-to-one basis or small group
- Assisting others with physical needs (e.g. auto and household maintenance and repairs)
- Assisting others with emotional and mental needs (e.g. listen, encourage, and support)
- Presenting options for improved organization (e.g. both paper and electronic files; also office ergonomics)
- Assisting others with Internet-based networking (e.g. e-mail, Facebook, and basic website management)
- Assisting others as the Holy Spirit equips and leads me to do so
- Foreign Missions Group (at base and work site)
- Inner-City Missions (at work site)
- College and University Group (at campus, church temple, and work site)
- Young Adult Group (at church temple and work site)
- Adolescent Group (at church temple)
- Worship Group (play trumpet at church temple or rhythm sticks)
- Prayer Intercessor (at church temple and work site)
- Spanish Interpreter (at church temple, base, and foreign missions site)
© copyright 2005 - 2019; R. A. Gómez