There are many unforeseen incidents that may occur while on the road. Although there are things that can be done pro-actively to be prepared and confront them, sometimes it is best to exercise discretion and play it safe. Safety first, for you and your passengers.
The Roadside Safety Kit
• Bag, Box ... or BOTH
• Individual Safety Set : High-Visibility and Reflective Vest - Gloves - Safety Glasses or Goggles - Particle Mask - Ear Plugs - Whistle - Hat or Cap (respective of season)
• Emergency Accessories Set : Compass - Map - Mylar Blanket - Rain Poncho - First Aid Kit (custom) - Extra-Large Bandanna - Paper Pad with Pencil or Pen - BPA-Free Water Bottle -Pocket Knife or Multi-Tool (only carry with regards to area carry-on restrictions)
• Light Set : Hand Flashlight - Utility Lamp - Head Lamp - Extra Battery Sets - Safety Reflective Triangle or Collapsible High-Visibility and Reflective Cone
- - - Optional Essential Add-Ons - - -
• Tool Set : Screwdrivers - Channel Groove Pliers - Needle Nose Pliers - Adjustable Wrench - Ice Scraper - Tow Rope - Bungee Chords - Zip-Ties - Tape ( Duct tape and Electrical Tape) - Spare Fuses - Hand Cleaner - Shop Towels
• Battery Set : Battery Voltage Tester - Battery Terminal Brushes - Jumper Cables (8-Gauge or less ... 12-Foot or more) - Jump-Start Box/Pack (optional)
• Tire Set : Air-Pressure Gauge - Air Compressor - “Fix-A-Flat” - Spare Tire - Lug-Nut Wrench - Tire Jack
In closing, it is my hope that this Roadside Safety Kit will be a resource you will be able to carry as a commuter or long trips with limited storage space. Although this is not a full Emergency Roadside Kit, it will be a good kit for people who lack the skills or abilities to perform a roadside repair, yet still be safe. Rich Blessings and safe travels through this winter season.
© copyright 2005 - 2020;
R. A. Gómez